Grandma’s famous mashed potatoes. Dad’s famous turkey. Your burnt bacon. Yep, sandwichable.
Get ready for your waffle iron to perform some serious magic on those leftovers! These savory waffles are a fun bread alternative for your classic turkey sando. And they may just be the real reason you’ll want to make mashed potatoes all year round...
Mashed Potato “Waffle” Breakfast Sandwich
Yields 4-6 waffles, 2-3 Sandwiches
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
2 tbsp. butter
¼ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ cup flour
Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
4-6 slices of bacon
To make mashed potato waffles:
- Mix mashed potatoes, eggs and butter together until well blended
- In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, and flour
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Spoon waffle batter into waffle iron and cook on highest setting or until golden brown
To assemble the sandwich:
- Spread a layer of Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayonnaise on a freshly made mashed potato waffle
- Warm the gravy on the stove top and heat the turkey in the gravy to coat. Stack on top of waffle
- Add 2-3 slices of bacon
- Coat frisée in vinegar, salt and pepper for balance, top with second waffle
Click here to find more inspiration on how to turn every holiday leftover into a mouth-watering sandwich.